Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zdzisław Beksiński




Zdzisław Beksiński was described as a pleasant, shy man. His art certainly didn't convey this. His life wasn't pleasant either, his wife died a year before his son committed suicide, on Christmas Eve. Sadly Beksiński was murdered by his caretaker's son for refusing him a small loan equal to about 100 dollars.

I had stumbled upon a few of his paintings over the years and was always intrigued by them, but never knew the name of their creator. Surprisingly, I found

http://beksinski.dmochowskigallery.net/galeria_past.php

It's definitely worth checking out; especially for his paintings.

3 comments:

  1. I love how this post sounds like a storybook. xD

    At first, I thought he was Icelandic because of his name. I don't even know how to pronounce his first name.

    The darkest people are always the ones you least suspect. I remember in high school, my Global Studies teacher asked the class if they would participate in a revolution to overthrow the government. Only the quiet, shy kids raised their hands. XDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://racked.com/archives/2010/08/19/jd-salingers-dirty-old-toilet-for-sale-on-ebay-for-1-million.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could say I intended for it to sound like that. You just gave me an idea for my next attempt at writing. I'm gonna try to write some sort of fairy tale. We'll see how it turns out.

    I'm never going to attempt to say his name I'll just refer to him as that polish painter.

    I think quiet/shy people are that way because they're just thinking more. At least that's what I'm doing when I get quiet.

    ReplyDelete